11.05.2008

Another day has passed

Take me somewhere. hold my breath all night. And drink myself to sleep. Think of Every Day. Make up the rules as we go along. because they make it seem so easy. I lsiten to my music, it's everywhere I go...

So are we lost or do we know
Which direction we should go
Sit around and wait for someone to take our hands and lead the way

Cause every day we're getting older
And every day we all get colder
We're sick of waiting for our answers
(lostprophets)

Think of Each Day. There will never be this very same November day ever again. When this month has passed, it will not return until a year has passed. A lot can happen in a year. I might be in a completely different place - both mentally and physically. Think of all the things that happen in a year. In A Year. I might be in Japan, might have felt the touch of a thousand lovers, might have died in an accident, written a song, painted a house, carried a hundred sorrows, made everyone around me hate me, or anything else. The next November around, I might be a totally different person.

And still, I do not cherish this day as my last day like this. It is the last in its sense. We let the days pass as if they were insignificant. As if they didn't mean anything. Why do I want to sleep the days away, why don't I care? Why don't I care my life is passing in front of my eyes and I stand passive watching?

Alot can happen in a year.
Alot can happen from day to day.
Yesterday - Bush was president of the U.S and A. Today - Mr. Obama is the first black president of the U.S and A. History has been written within 24h.

Think of all the things that happen in 24h. A baby born. Life created. Life extinguished. Why do we not realise the importance in the passing of a day?

Can't get these thoughts out of my head. They're everywhere I go. I think about it when I talk to people. I think about it when I smile. I think about it when I walk, sleep, stand dead in the shower.

In the shower. Not aware of the walls no less than 30cm all around me. Surrounded by stability, still a mind collapsing. In the hot drizzle, in the subtropic waterfall, the foaming soap, the touch of skin. There I am. Lost to everything but my thoughts.

Please rhyme away with me.

I was made for heat and passion and strong dramatic feelings. I'm suffocating in these ashes that never will ignite.

This is an unspection. Not seeing anything. Where is the caress when you need it? Freedom to choose our shackles. And the rockstar life. Overdramatic. Cocaine girl. It was all in time. A snuffed candle, a taste of ocean.

Think of Every Day.