8.12.2009

Wear your heart on your sleeve

Fools who wear their hearts proudly on their sleeves, who cannot control their emotions, who wallow in sad memories and allow themselves to be provoked so easily - weak people, in other words - they stand no chance...

Wise words of Severus Snape. It made me think of a certain person. A person who is leaving now. And I might not see him for a very long time. He is very hard to read. Stonefaced. Or not really stonefaced. Just like kapow. Can't read it, can't see behind it. And I will miss that face...

I, on the other hand, is a person with my heart very much on the sleeve. Maybe I'm not easy to read at all times, and hide a lot of things, but I have a hard time controlling emotions, and I easily wallow in sad memories. When he has left, I don't want to wallow in memories. My life will have to go on.

Now to the final thing about this quote: Is being emotional equal to being weak? Are you a weak person if you're not able to control your emotions? I used to think so. I used to revere Jedi philosophy, later Buddhist philosophy. And they both lean towards that emotion creates suffering. But now, I don't know anymore. If you show your emotions, you put yourself out there, expose yourself. And for that you need bravery, you need to be strong, or develop strength...

Two more days of work... Only two... Then Malmö and people. I miss you all guys... And a special word out for Wellington who at the moment is hospitalized. Read and recover my friend, my thoughts are with you.