10.29.2009

The Choices that change Life

Isn't it strange when the past week feels like months ago? When yesterday feels like a week ago? When so much happens at once that you get brain overload and panic angst attacks and have to sit down for an hour just to organize, write lists and make plans to deal with every hour of every day.

Now it is decided. In almost only a week, I am going to The Canary Islands. To work. For five months, if it works out. If it doesn't work out I might be home in a month or so again. At least then I will have tried and given it a chance. These are chances that don't come along that often. And I have to say yes more than I do nowadays. It will be interesting. Hard, long days, sun, warmth, new place.

The reasons to go were varied. Among the reasons were once in a lifetime chance, quit the job I have now that I don't really like, stop thinking about certain peoples and, of course, the warmth. The reasons NOT to go were Magda and everyone else I am going to miss. Vardag, fest och New Moon premiären.

Anyway. Tomorrow it's planning, making calls and Magda day. Day after that Halloween party. Then hungover day. Then next week I'm going to be in Stockholm and I'm longing so much for that.

My point with this entry was: you might have seconds to make a choice that will change your life for a long time ahead... Make the most of those seconds and go with your gut feeling. Make the choice for yourself, not for anyone else.