4.19.2008

Show me what it's like, to dream in black and white


Put the iPod on shuffle. And up comes Breaking Benjamin. Was ages since I listened to them, and now I got stuck again. Reliving so many feelings and memories, memories that are no longer painful, only filled with bittersweet sentiments of "oh how young and foolish I was back then". And I miss A and G. So fucking much.

And I love reading the ToK book.

"The fact that we can never be sure that we have done the right thing, or that we are painfully aware that we could have done better, is perhaps part of the tragedy of the human condition"

Aldous Huxley's dystopia: "A world of happy junkies does not seem like the best of all possible worlds."

Why not?!

I can never die happy if I haven't seen Breaking Benjamin live. At least twice.

"Unknown Soldier"

Border line,
Dead inside.
I don't mind,
Falling to pieces.
Count me in, violent
Let's begin, feeding the sickness.
How do I simplify,
Dislocate - the enemy's on the way.

[Chorus:]
Show me what it's like
To dream in black and white,
So I can leave this world tonight.

Full of fear,
Ever clear.
I'll be here,
Fighting forever.
Curious,
Venomous,
You'll find me
Climbing to heaven.
Never mind,
Turn back time.
You'll be fine - I will get left behind.

[Chorus]

Holding on too tight.
Breathe the breath of life,
So I can leave this world behind.

It only hurts just once.
They're only broken bones.
Hide the hate inside.

Oh.

[Very quiet voice:]
Forever ... one
I'll be fine

[Chorus]

Holding on too tight.
Breathe the breath of life,
So I can leave this world behind.