3.31.2009

Play a love game

Do you want fame or do you want love – will you win the game?

Late at night I take out my secret sides and indulge in them. One is that side that likes mainstream music. Here is something for ya: Rhianna, Britney Spears, Timbaland and Lady Gaga. It's so horrible really, when all my being screams NO NO NO!! But still, this is a side that has to be indulged in: popular beats, shake that ass and sassy ways. And then preferably late at night when no one notices. Then I can put up my metal mask in the morning again. Either that, cause metal is oh so tough baby, or some indie-cred flumm or more obscure electronic stuff. Kocci, get some awesome dubstep for me!! I want to indulge in that too. The other side is that romantic side that only a few select people may see from time to time. The one who melts to movies like Wild Child, High School Musical and The Perfect Man. See, now I feel really terrible. But it's true. I hate the movies, cause they suck, but that little side of me who would love a candle-lit dinner and stroll by the lake under a full moon says otherwise. And what better moment to indulge this side than late late at night when no one is there to laugh at it. Then I can throw up my alternative/horror-movie face in the morning: Sin City, Kill Bill, Pulp Fiction, Candy, 28 weeks later. Because that is a face I am more comfortable showing, and that are the kinda movies I actually really like.

Life is art and art is life – someone wanna run away and create an artist colony? Just paint, take photos, make music and write all day long. Publish, vernissages, collaborations, club events...