3.24.2009

Tell me I'm an angel.

You better run like the devil,
'Cause they're never gonna leave you alone!
You better hide up in the alley,
'Cause they're never gonna find you a home!
And as the blood runs down the walls,
You see me creepin' up these halls.
I've been a bad motherfucker
Tell your sister I'm another
Go! Go! Go!
(My Chemical Romance)

Sometimes I could see that line in my mind, a stark black wall at the horizon reminding me that sanity, unlike the earth, is flat. And there is a point at which you can fall off.


I love that book. And I love The Watchmen. And I love Magda. Cinema in the middle of the week is so our thing. Gore, blood, violence and vivid sex scenes are also so our things. And menthol cigarettes. On the bus home I started listening to My chem since their cover of Desolation Row is the ending song of The Watchmen. Great movie. Incredibly inspiring. And I'm definitely seeing it again yes. There's just this incredible feel to comic adaptations, a much more vivid imagery, everything is so much more alive. And the concepts and the deep. The apocalypse and the feelings, the characters, the cynics, the prostitutes, and the dark, dark night of a metropolis. The riddles, mysteries, the pouring rain, the masks, the sinners and the liars, the beggars and the thieves. The latex, the technology, the explosions, the dangers, the liquor, the clubs, the sex and the ending of the world. Yes, there is a reason why some of my biggest inspirations are COMICS in all its different forms. Now I just need to get my hands on the graphic novel of The Watchmen... And watch Sin City again, that's for sure. Hope they make a movie version of The Umbrella Academy too...

He said it with such zest I could imagine him sitting on the balcony of some Caribbean villa, sharing a hand-rolled cancer-carrot with Hemingway while they mused over the aroma of vaporized vampire and discussed which shoes to wear for the next running of the bulls.