10.06.2008

Sit and wait for the curtains to fall


Now I know that it's the same.
Different people, different days.
It won't change.
Do you find security?
Knowing you have broken me.
Like a pastime.

Hold on and you'll find, (you'll find)
What you're eventually looking for.
Hold on and you'll find, (you'll find)
What you're eventually looking for.

Is popularity your quest?
Is this game the perfect test? (Looking for something else)
Do we all? Do we alter?
What we are. (What we are)
Who we honor.
Do we alter who we honor?
Playing with peoples hearts?

(Hold on by Acceptance)

The proof of existence. Make me feel alive. The feelings I can share with those who saw the sun set, the ones who were there.
The one who takes the fall - breaking after all. Bringing together.
Tell myself on the ride home, getting tired. Find it hard to find words, tried to tell myself something is different. See inside of me, don't know what to say. Speechless on a stage, only feeling the embarrassment burning. This could be different, wanted to see.
It's interesting how feelings die, a word you would not expect to hear from me. The place it takes me now. Permafrost comatose. The golden disk of honest sunlight melting the lies, they're falling one by one. Glorious ways.
We sit and wait for the curtains to fall. Don't bore us, get to the chorus.
Here by candlelight, I'll be putting up a fight. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, until you can't take it anymore.
So young, didn't know I could be so dumb. I do. So what about you?
Never satisfied, craving from crib to coffin. Rerun all the mistakes, to spin the wheel of fortune. Bang, bang. My baby shot me down.
Call me a liar, call me a friend. I will let you down, again and again and again. And you will let me down, again and again and again. The beauty lies in making your way not back but forward, again.
Give me the poison pills tonight.
Doesn't have much to say so she drinks alot. Hope you know that someone out there loves you. Don't let them say...

I've been sitting in the suicide lane on
Highway 99
Looking for a sign in the headlights

I've been to war with my mind
But things will be different this time
I won't be putting up a fight

Give me your poison pills cuz I’m
Digging my star crossed grave tonight

Don't wanna leave it alone
Don't wanna leave it
(2x)

I've been sitting by the train tracks
Here in the back door of my mind
Waiting for the planets to align

I've got every good reason
To make this open season
Keep my head up above the metal
Piece tonight

Give me your poison pills cuz I’m
Digging my star crossed grave tonight

(Grave digging, The Classic Crime)