10.16.2008

The Sound of Truth


as i lay dying. an ocean between us.
It's so strange when a person who normally can't cry, cry herself to sleep. The only warmth in bed her flustered cheeks, and her teddybear. In a deadly embrace. Whispering to no one for no reason at all, following the shadows in the ceiling, the tears trickling down into her ears, and that uncomfortable feeling of water in the ear. Giving meaning to the shadows in the ceiling, for no reason at all. Trying to decipher the message, the meaning. Sending songs that don't matter and can't change a thing.

Happiness excludes people - if you happen to be on the other side. And shit, fuck I did it again, my offensive humor messing it up, I'm sorry. Realization only favors hindsight.

Where the fuck am I going? Bend over to pick up the pen and loose footing. It's good I'm going away this weekend. While others mature I grow stuck in a destructive circle. While others develop, I'm left behind, watching with closed eyes. It's chaos in my head, the step forward and the step back, see the road stretching out. And fire. At the end of the tunnel. Should I care, should I turn. Save your bullets for your dearest. Couldn't be maybe sleepwalking tonight, sleepwalking this time. Imagine sleepwalking in a nightmare.

Changing for the rain, just to be by your side, soul connection, appealing essence. Isn't there some electricity.

One day,
This world will see me at the horizon
One day,
From a distant light
And just before I stand, to face my love
I'll turn around
And with a smile I'll say my goodbyes
One last goodbye
Goodbye...

(Blindside)

I took a picture of a girl I once knew
I kept it here incase I'd run into you
The look on your face could light up a room
But instead you leftAnd now I'm sitting with my head on the dashboard
Push the seat back and close my eyes
I had this dream that I was on an airplane
Afraid to fly
So I tipped my head to the side and I whispered
To this man that was in the isle
I said "do you know how long it takes before we die?"
And then I rolled awake

Can you take me back to the person I used to be
Back when you were there for me
I know it seems like forever but do me a favor please
Way back when we were stupid
Held grudges just to help us sleep
Oh my god, how ridiculous were we?

I stop your breathin everytime I'm around girl
Your body's sweatin and your hands start to shake
I know you can't control your eyes but I know that your looks are fake
So tease me once and I'll try to forget
How it feels when youve got nothing left
Well take it slow and only work this sometimes
Oh yeah...

(A Rocket to the Moon)

We speak of fighting to resist this world
But what about the battle within us?
If we have chosen to live against the grain
Then why are we all facing the same way?
There is no difference between us and them
If we all blindly seek truth from sentiments

(As I lay dying)