2.15.2009

Sonic Syndicate and shots of love

I WAS ON THE SAME PLANE AS SONIC SYNDICATE!!!!!!!!! How rad is that???? 09.30 to Helsinki from Kastrup. We walk up to the check-in, and immediately we see a bunch of hot emo people with odd-size luggage. “Finland” we think and smile. Feels like coming home. It says “Deathstars” on their odd-size luggage. “Hey, it's Deathstars, from Gothenburg, who tour with Sonic Syndicate! How cute that they are taking the plane. Don't see Sonic Syndicate anywhere, bet they have a private jet...” Three minutes later, HYPERVENTILATING “Omg omg omg – the two lead singers (Roland and Richard) from Sonic Syndicate are standing right in front of me in a check-in line!!!!!” After a bit of calming down, still feeling the adrenalin and COUGH hormones - “Omg omg omg – that means we are taking the same plane!!!” SWOON

Famous people are not so different from ordinary people. Except that air of self-importance, like they think they are worth more than others. They know others know they are famous, even if those others don't go up to them to get their autograph or picture. I died. Several times. It was so cool to be so close to them, sitting there on the same plane. I was in heaven. Literally. Now afterwards I regret not walking up to them and asking for a picture, I mean, it's almost like I don't believe it myself. But they probably don't want to be bothered by belligerent, drooling fans such as myself. They looked rather cranky and hungover. But they were so pretty.

After arrival, it was time to “bekanta oss med snön”. Som Mumintrollet. Half a meter snow on the ground. Absolutely fabulous. And I realized I will have a lot of time for studying since people here just sit around and do nothing, if they're not outside that is. It's very Finland.

Last night was awesome, of course. Went on an impulse out with cousin Nina and her two friends, to Jakobstab, or Pietarsaari in Finnish, where we went to a really nice club. Three floors, packed with people. And everyone loved my dialect. Bueno drinks, Pineapple Breezers, Fishermans shots and beer. And then there was Johnny. I was enjoying myself with comparing Malmö club world to Jakobstad club world: people, music, drinks etc. And rating the guys 1-10. And there was Johnny. 10, right on. And I said to myself, that's the guy I'm going to have tonight. And Nina said “Well go on! Go talk to him, he's going to love you! You're hot and you talk strange!” and pushed me into the smoke room where he was casually lounging with some friends. And there I was smiling like a maniac, suddenly a cigarette from somewhere in my hand. And he loved me. And he hated a lot of things, like dancing, but I got him on the dancefloor and man was that hot. I realized the guys here are kinda shy, and don't dance very much, but better for a pushy girl like me. And Johnny. It was almost love. Stinis, you know that look I get in my eyes every time you talk about a certain person? Yeah, that's the look I had the rest of the night. And I have no idea if I'll ever meet that guy again, but it felt incredible hooking up with the hottest dude in the whole place.