6.25.2009

Hope is the thing with feathers

You know the world can see us, in a way that's different from who we are...

Gerard:

right before I was to go on stage I washed my face in the sink, and I look into the mirror, and say to myself "you're still not cool". that was the best revelation ever. that I'm never gonna be cool and so everyone out there trying to be cool should just stop. cause you're never gonna be cool.

we were the kids in the back, wearing black, hanging out by ourselves.

a lot of people think they can solve their problems with anti-depressants. but that really strips people of who they are. all the depressions, all the failures, that's what makes you you. there's a lot of drugs out there that will take that away from you.

Pete:

people love us for the wrong reasons and hate us for the wrong reasons. that's ok. for people to love and hate us. and care. haha.

fame has made me paranoid personally... you feel like you're never really by yourself.

Nikki Sixx:

That's the thing about artists: that we just can't stop being creative.

Emily Dickinson:

Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul,
And sings the tune without the words,
And never stops at all,

And sweetest in the gale is heard;
And sore must be the storm
That could abash the little bird
That kept so many warm.

I've heard it in the chilliest land
And on the strangest sea;
Yet, never, in extremity,
It asked a crumb of me.